Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Welcome to Functional Food For Thought!


Nature's artistry -- lovely, no? The beauty of this cruciferous wonder hints at the amazing health benefits it will impart. Just look at those convolutions -- how very brain-like they are! All the better for learning and healing.
Welcome to Atlanta Functional Medicine's new blog "Functional Food For Thought"! As the lucky first blog-poster, I'll give you an inkling of things to come. Obviously, food will be involved. At Atlanta Functional Medicine, while highly individualized to each patient, treatment plans may involve, among other things, healthy lifestyle coaching.
Don't knock it 'til you try it! As AFM's resident vegan, I am familiar with the physical and emotional stress which may accompany a major lifestyle change, but -- take a deep breath in through the nose, out through the mouth -- it doesn't have to be that way! Healthy food can be some of the most delicious food you've ever tasted + I've found that the vegetable kingdom can solve most problems. If your medical professionals at AFM determine a lifestyle change is advisable,  they will develop a protocol specifically for you, and it most likely won't be vegan -- that's my own personal choice -- but they will probably recommend more veggies. Don't take it personally, everyone could benefit from more veggies.
Not so fast -- don't run off just yet! Whenever it's my turn at blog, I'll make it my mission to show you that diet change doesn't have to mean sacrifice. The gorgeous, fresh, organic, juicy, rainbow-hued bounty with which I treat myself is delicious:  whether raw, gently sauteed, steamed, roasted, simmered, sauced or doused in healthy fats. I never skimp on flavor and every morsel's a luscious creation. What I eat is fabulous, and I'm worth it! You are too.
I'll provide more details soon, so stay tuned. Our other blogging contributors will share their wisdom on Functional and Integrative Medicines, Mind-Body Medicine, Natural Medicine, Acupuncture, Pain Management, Massage and maybe a few recipes of their own.
posted by Cheryl A. Salinas


2 comments:

  1. Functional food provides great amount of health benefits. They promote growth and fills in the deficiency of nutrients in our body. They are easily available at web stores at fair prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here my second topixs of testifying DR JAMES, my name remains SUSSAN MORIS. I will never stop testifying DR JAMES HERBAL MIX, Happiness is all I see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR JAMES did it for me. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I have spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I saw a testimony on how DR JAMES HERBAL MIX MEDICINE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and I did, behold I was free from the deadly disease, till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, all the testimony of DR JAMES HERBAL MIX MEDICINE is true please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. If you are having a similar problem just email him on drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com or you can whatsApp his mobile number on +2348152855846 He can also cure this diseases like HIVand AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B ABC, FLU, CANCER, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, GONORRHEA, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, DISEASE SKIN, LOW COUNT SPERM.ETC.please email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com...or whatAPPhim .+2348152855846 he is a real good and honest man.

    ReplyDelete